Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
i WILL BE A GRAND MA FOR THE FIRST TIME .I AM EXCITED. I WANT TO MAKE A BLANKET AND I NEED HELP WITH THE PATTERN,TO PICK THE YARN .
CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.
SUCHI
DALLAS TEXAS

(((((((( Ooh, what are we doing up on the third shift? LOL!!

Our kids are single = no grand children!! I'm jealous of you!! @@

Okies, Suchi, I'll help you.

Knitted or crocheted, hand loomed, machine knitted? 'Zup there?

You have a pattern. Hand knitted or crocheted I can help you with and the sky's the limit on yarn. I have my favs.

What's your experience level?

How big do you want the blanket? Newborn, larger, carriage size, car seat cover size or perhaps crib size? heck, make them all! LOL!!

I'll be here awhile longer...........

Donna Rae
~~~~~~~~~~

suchi said:
i WILL BE A GRAND MA FOR THE FIRST TIME .I AM EXCITED. I WANT TO MAKE A BLANKET AND I NEED HELP WITH THE PATTERN,TO PICK THE YARN .
CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.
SUCHI
DALLAS TEXAS

Hi! I'm going to be a first time grandma any day now myself--it IS exciting! :D Do you have a pattern or are you looking for one? I wasn't sure...also, where do you consider your skill level? So much influences the choice, it's hard to recommend something without knowing a little more. Also, congratulations on your pending grandmotherhood!

I made a ripple one for my grand neice 25 years ago and she just passed it on to her new son I used worested wt yarn, it goes so quick and you can make it any size you want. Could also make it in a baby yarn. Good luck

My grandbaby's in the Army. lol.

Lion Brand "Heirloom Bably Blanket" pattern #90485. Knits up quickly. I have knitted this 4 times since January. Pattern calls for LB Cashmere collection, but I've used several different yarns. The prettiest one I used "Love That Cotton" in 4ply and it came out beautifully.

Congrats and good luck.

Nothing like a new grandchild! I have 2 coming in th next few months. Yes, I too made baby blankets. I use the sports weight baby soft yarn for the baptismal blanket. It was a simple pattern to follow you just need to know K, P, K2TOG, YO. LOVE LOVE LOVE this blanket!!!!!! It is complete in a multi color yarn.

Attachments

Do you crochet? The Lion Brand Pound Of Love is a very nice acrylic, comes in baby colors, and has pattern for knit or crochet on the back of the label. I have made this in all colors ( Our group makes baby items for a MOPS program), and all of the girls like the blankets! It is an easy pattern to start on.

Hi: Here is an easy pattern I am working on now. You can use baby yarn or sport weight You chain as long as you want the width of your blanket. Start with 1 double crochet then do a sc and alternate this to the end. This is the easiest blanket in the world. Keep doing these stitches till the blanket gets as big as you want. I will post the picture when I finish the one I am making. I have made this pattern many times. When you finish the blanket- work several rows of single crochet border all the way around--or do your choice of border. By the way--I will be getting another grandbaby in November--so I know your how excited you are--lol--take care

Hi, Congrads,
I just posted a yellow blanket, crochet, made on the diagonal. I used Vanna's yarn, color Duckie.
Works fast, used I hook.
There are so many free patterns on line.Just google baby blanket and sit back.
Hope we can see your finished blanket.
Linda

I know it sounds cheap, but get a NICE quality acrylic yarn so it can stand up to repeated washings. I make baby blankets for charity I'm afraid I'm vain, but I want my blankies to be USED. I'm a g-ma myself and when I had my own I didn't have time to hand wash anything. Felting is the pits after putting in all the work it takes. I would suggest something w/ a simple geometric textured pattern for a boy in baby blue. Maybe some squares or boxes worked in a stockinette/garter stitch combination. I usually make girl ones so I'm not much up on boys. I white or cream colored one is always nice but shows dirt easily. :roll: :D :thumbup:

This pattern makes a beautiful blanket and it is simple. Using 1 strand each of Bernat Softee Baby (2 5oz skeins) and Bernat Coordinates (2 60z skeins)

CO 135 sts with size 13 US (9mm) needles. K 7 rows.
Change to size 3 (3.25mm) needles. K 7 rows.
Change to size 13 needles again and continue in the manner.
BO when it's the desired length, finishing with the larger needles.
I used interchangable circular needles and to get from a size 3 back to a size 13 it is easier if you use a straight needle to knit and put the stitch on the size 13 needle.
I also crocheted 2 rows of scallop stitching at the top and bottom using Bernat Softee Baby to finish off the blanket.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom