Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Lil67 said:
Hi people I'm Lil, new to this and a beginner at knitting and crochet, would love to make a shawl for my grandaughters Christening. Any simple patterns for beginners. Thanx
Welcome, welcome, welcome.
Do you want to make a shawl to wear or to wrap the baby?
If it is for the baby, I suggest you just find a pretty shell pattern that you think you can cope with and work in rows until you have the size you want.
A nice baby shawl would be square or round rather than a rectangle like you would make for a cot blanket.
If you cannot find a pattern, let me know what yarn and hook you want to use and I will send you a pattern.
If you want to knit, maybe look for a very simple Feather and Fan pattern.
If you want the shawl to wear, go to Ravelry and put "simple triangle shawl into pattern search and you will find lots of free patterns.
Have fun.
Colleen

·
Registered
228 Posts
found a simple and nice one in The Prayer Shawl Companion by Bristow & Cole-Galo. A simple garter stitch triangle and you can add fringe or crochet loop fringe to make it look a little fancy. I'm making one right now with Lion Brand Homespun bulky yarn. The first one came out real nice, easy and fast. Am I allowed to share the pattern on this site, or is this a bozo-non-no?
It is called Beautiful Shawl and is found on page 40.
I also made and like their Beginner's Shawl.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom