Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a pattern out of Gisela Klopper's book "Beautiful Knitting Patterns". It's a lace pattern, but most of it is solid, only 2 YO, a K2tog, and a skpsso, per row. I am going to be using Lion Brands Jiffy Mohair look yarn. It will be a scarf (hopefully) when I'm done. I would really like to have the stitches stand out, because that is the focal point of the pattern. Ms Klopper does not give needle sizes, any suggestions???? Thanks

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
read the label on the yarn till you find the little 'sign' that tells you which needle range to use....they usually say something like 'ndl size 5--7...because they want you to have a bit of play when it comes to your particular knitting style...they will tell you the eventual measurements.... for example, "20 sts and 27 rows = 4 in.".... you will work on the correct size that gets you 20 sts and 27 rows and the ndl sizes 5--7 are the place to start. if you have to go larger or smaller (unlikely) then that's fine....the gauge is what's important....

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Hello, just went to Lion website and looked at the yarn you have. Jiffy yarn, looks like mohair, size 5 chunky weight. The recommended gauge is 14.6 stitches per 4", size 10 needles.
Match that to your scarf pattern and knit a swatch to see if you like it, change needle size if you don't.

Its all a learning process, have fun while learning!

Lois

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom