Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...!!!
My name is MaryW, & I live in Loveland, CO. I have crocheted for approx. 30 years. Now...am attempting to learn how to knit. So far, I can cast on, knit, purl, bind off...& I am a thrower. I want to be a picker, as well. I've crocheted many afghans in the last 30 years, plus kitchen towels, wash cloths, hats & scarves. I'm just now learning how to do the Tunisian stitches. Also, I'm an avid reader of mysteries...Mary Higgens Clark, is my favorite author.
Looking forward to enjoying this Forum.
Thank You

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Mary!

I am new to this site, too. Curious about what you mean by "thrower" and "picker". Is thrower a knitter that holds the yarn in the right hand and wraps it around the needle for each stitch? Can't guess about the picker!!

Cali Grandma (Pam)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry...I should have been more clear...A (thrower) is the English style & the (picker) is the Continental style...You use the rt hand to wrap around the needle in your lft hand (thrower)...The (picker)...Use the rt hand to pick the yarn from the needle in the lft hand...the 2 are different...A tutorial should show you the difference...I use...YouTube...
Thank You

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom