Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Hi, I'm new here too. Originally from New York. Vanessa, I also live in Greenville, SC, have been here 7 1/2 years.
I knit every chance I get, but am not retired yet, so knitting time is precious. Right now I'm trying to figure out two socks at a time, while I finish three scarves, one pair of mittens and a doggie sweater! I add to stash every chance I get. My favorite yarn is Alpaca, but, not too much use for it in the south!
Looking forward to meeting you all.
Chris

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi, Bigtime! Small world! Moved here from Connecticut almost 2 yrs ago. I lived in Buffalo and Ithaca, NY!! Met my husband at SUNY Buffalo! I don't knit anything fancy..scarves and hats..would love to do a sweater sometime if it won't make me crazy!

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
HI Vanessa,
I know both of those areas fairly well. I'm from the city although I lived in NJ before moving here. Had a friend who went to college in Ithaca, spent some time up there. Gorgeous in the Spring, Fall & Summer........LOTS of snow in winter and COLD!! My middle daughter works in Connecticut. I love Mystic. I used to take the kids to the aquarium there.
Have you been to the new yarn shop downtown yet? Nice shop and the owner is super nice.
Did you know there's a knitting group that meets in Greenville? I've not been to a meeting yet, I can't seem to find the time. Who said you have more time when your kids grow up?? They lied!! LOLOL
Chris

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom