Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
18,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DEALER ALERT!!!
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office has received reports that highly addictive substances will soon be circulating in our area. These substances go by names like "Thin Mints," "Caramel deLites," "Peanut Butter Patties," and "Adventurefuls."
These substances are distributed by strong, smart, fearless young women who will lure you in with their kindness and do good story and then "Bam" they set the hook. Many people start with just one box, but one turns into two, two turns into five, and the next thing you know, you're hiding your stash in your freezer.
We want the community to know that we are here for you. We have set up a drop-off location for these so called "Girl Scout Cookies" at the Oneida County Sheriff's Office so our brave and selfless officers can dispose of them safely and properly.
Any questions, don't hesitate to call and get answers on this epidemic. 715-361-5201
Food Ingredient Recipe Cuisine Baked goods

· Registered
5,368 Posts
I have always been uncomfortable with using children to sell products, even for a good cause. (I include school fundraisers involving students selling magazine subscriptions and wrapping paper). This type of article has confirmed my uneasiness:

· Registered
380 Posts
I stopped buying them decades ago when in one year they raised the price and lowered the amount. Too much, to fast. Had they done in separate years I might not have minded. For some reason the fact that many parents do all the selling and the child gets the credit for selling the most bothers me. Child did none of it but I guess that is human nature. Plus in some areas it is not safe for a child to be door to door selling. I can understand but still not like. Delighted we live 'out in the sticks' and have no door to door anything.

· Registered
4,190 Posts
That 's funny!

In Canada we don't get all the different flavours. In the spring we get chocolate mint cookies. In the fall, we get the traditional sandwich cookies, vanilla or chocolate flavours. It's funny how people have very strong opinions about which ones they prefer. I'm a chocolate mint fan, myself.

· Registered
8,116 Posts
I stopped buying them decades ago when in one year they raised the price and lowered the amount. Too much, to fast. Had they done in separate years I might not have minded. For some reason the fact that many parents do all the selling and the child gets the credit for selling the most bothers me. Child did none of it but I guess that is human nature. Plus in some areas it is not safe for a child to be door to door selling. I can understand but still not like. Delighted we live 'out in the sticks' and have no door to door anything.
The first year I was old enough to sell the cookies it rained the day they gave them out - back then you sold on the spot, not by taking orders. My mother set me up with my little sisters' wagon filled with cookies and a golf umbrella to keep everything dry. That first day I sold enough cookies to win 2 two week sessions at Girl Scout camp that summer. I'm sure some of the sales were because people felt sorry for me going door to door in the rain. I do remember having to circle back home a few times to reload the wagon.

· Registered
19,557 Posts
DEALER ALERT!!!
The Oneida County Sheriff's Office has received reports that highly addictive substances will soon be circulating in our area. These substances go by names like "Thin Mints," "Caramel deLites," "Peanut Butter Patties," and "Adventurefuls."
These substances are distributed by strong, smart, fearless young women who will lure you in with their kindness and do good story and then "Bam" they set the hook. Many people start with just one box, but one turns into two, two turns into five, and the next thing you know, you're hiding your stash in your freezer.
We want the community to know that we are here for you. We have set up a drop-off location for these so called "Girl Scout Cookies" at the Oneida County Sheriff's Office so our brave and selfless officers can dispose of them safely and properly.
Any questions, don't hesitate to call and get answers on this epidemic. 715-361-5201
View attachment 1277756
Girl Scouts = Good Stuff /GS and highly addictive could lead to $$ flow problems...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top Bottom