Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this site and am eager to make use of new patterns for old subjects, such as scarves and aghans - I knit solely for charity - learned when I was 3 years old, moved to cross stitch later on as a result of significant vision loss after surgery for a double by-pass at age 74 so I took up my "old" knitting needles, even bought new ones and have not stopped since - am now 81 - do only charity projects but as most of you know, there are a lot of needy people out there - make mostly throws for local Hospice and hat/scarf sets for Head Start groups; thanks for listening and I will be checking in very often - fondly, Jacky

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Wow, 81; You go girl!! Welcome!!

Donna Rae
(62 - LOL!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
your right girl at 65 myself i can really know what your saying but all kidding aside thats fantastic 81 and still knitting away. hope i to will be doing that . right now i,m getting ready to send out 12 baby blankets, 30 baby hats and booties both preemies and new borns. and just went shopping for more to make for our new great granddaughter who will bless us this june . so happy to have you on board .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi I'm a newbie to the site too but have been knitting and crocheting for about 40 yrs.I used to go to my Mom for help' but she's gone now and I don't get the help. Nice to have this site to come to for help. I just moved back to Rockford Il

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, ladies - how nice it is to be welcomed by all of you - really made my day as I read all of these notes- for the record, I have made approx 50-75 lapghans and aphgans for Hospice and about 900 hat/scarf sets - I am so glad that the Lord blessed me with "working hands" though my legs are not worth much anymore - I have already printed off about 10 scarf patterns from this wonderful site - and I realize that is just scratching the surface - I expect to be checking in at least once a day just to keep up with all of you - have a wonderful day! jacky

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom