Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Discussion starter · #1 ·
Hello to my knitting friends! I have read posts from KP for a long time and thought it was finally time to join in all the fun! I love to knit and crochet but most of the time now is spent knitting. I live in northeast TN (Kingsport) and am mom to a 19-year-old son, 2 Doberman, and 2 cats!

Hi TJ in Tennessee,
You are up late! Welcome to Knitting Paradise. We live in Washington (state).

What kind of things do you like to knit?
Colleen

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Hi Colleen! It's about 11:45 here...I am a terrible night owl! Usually go to sleep around 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning!!

I mostly just knit scarves, hats, shawls, afghans. Am in the process of learning to knit socks and enjoy doing that. I'm currently working on a baby blanket for a friend's first grandchild (due in August).

Do you have favorite things you like to knit?

Glad to get to talk to you! Can I add you to my "buddy list"?

Yes, It would be fun to be buddies. I am relatively new at knitting so all of it is exciting to me. I just finished making myself a cowl and an experimental scarf. It is an experiment because I didn't use a pattern. It started out with just seed stitch but that was boring so I just used whatever tickled my whim.
I'm so excited because the cowl came out good that I'm like a madwoman wanting to try everything!!!!

I look forward to exchanging ideas and experiences.

Good night, sweet dreams.
Colleen

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Hi again, Colleen! I know what you mean about wanting to just try lots of new knitting stitches, etc.! Are you able to get any PBS stations out there? There are a couple of good knitting shows on our local PBS. I have learned so much from watching them. Knit and Crochet Today and Knitting Daily are the two I watch. They are 30-minute shows and are packed with instructional demos/advice.

My name is Terri but my family and friends call me TJ...so I answer to both! :) I'll see if I can figure out how to add you to my 'buddy list'! Hope your Monday is good. You guys have had a lot of snow lately haven't you. We have had an abnormally warm January. For two weeks the temps were in the upper 60's which has been great. I do not like cold weather at all and am already looking forward to getting out and mowing the yard! (I love doing that.) One of these days, I will get a picture up so everyone will know how I look!! Talk to you tomorrow!

Hello from Knoxville. We travel your way when we visit our son in VA. I learned to knit when I was pregnant with him. His wife learned to knit a couple years ago and we have great fun sharing ideas!

Hi, I live in Johnson City. Welcome. Maybe we could get together sometime and knit? Sally

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom