Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sort of new to knitting, kind of like the person from Va Beach, Va. I'm originally from Chesapeake, Va. I hadn't picked up knitting needles in over 40 years and then about a year ago I decided, since it's on my bucket list, I'd better get to work! I also crochet, quilt, and sew a minimal amount. I love crafts of all kinds. I acquired a drop spindle for Christmas and spun my first Alpaca wool a couple of nights ago. It's really fun and more relaxing than I could have imagined. Almost as relaxing as knitting!

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
oooooh, i'm so envious.....i have wanted to spin for the longest time, i even have some drop spindles, but have just never made the time to make myself do it......gonna have to start that bucket list for myself!!! glad to have you....welcome....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your kind words of welcome! spinning is easier than you think, but the secret is having the correct roving (wool) to spin with especially as a beginner. I purchased some lovely Alpaca from a lady in Michigan and spun it immediately! I was shocked, since I had tried spinning with Merino, which is very soft and silky...only for the experts to spin! If you would like the info on where I purchased the roving, please let me know and I will see that you get it. Blessings to you and don't give up on spinning. You'll love it!

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
i recently bought a little kit, instruction book, roving, etc., so am going to see if i can get going....youtube has been really inspirational as there are so many spinners who have taken time to record for us newbies....each one seems to have a new detail to add to the general knowledge so i'm hopeful....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom