Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandma taught me how to knit at 12. I was busy showing and riding horses. So knitting was put aside but I kept with crochet. I am a bit sensitive to making errors and wondered if help is to be had or if You are all professionals. Call me scaredy kat. LOL

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Trust me we are mostly non - Professionals on here. We Knit because we love it. We have all made and still do make mistakes that is what frogging is all about rip Had to go back several inches to fix a mistake. Knit because you enjoy it!. Most of us on here are willing to help you all that we can. Good luck to you! Come on jump right in. We will help you! Cynthia

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
G'day from Australia and welcome crazystitcher. This is a wonderful supportive site and it has members of all levels from beginners through to very experienced. Google and YouTube are great places to brush up on your skills but also a knitting group is a wonderful and sociable way to get help. My knitting group is meeting today and I look forward to being in a fun and supportive group of likeminded crafters. Check out what is available in your local area......Jen

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
Welcome from Dubbo, Australia! Maybe some of us are professionals, but you will find knitters at all levels of experience here. We are here to help and share, just ask. No such thing as a silly question IMO :sm01:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
crazystitcher- Hi. I am a non-professional knitter. My grandmother taught me to crochet in about 1970. I learned to knit at a yarn shop about 1984. I knitted 40 squares for an afghan & stopped. I started knitting again in 2000 or so. I make mistakes, but learn from them. With YouTube & friendly knitters, making a mistake is something i can cope with.

·
Registered
19,301 Posts
Even professionals make mistakes. They just fix them like the rest of us, 1 stitch at a time.
Welcome to KP. lots of good help and ideas offered here. Just ask and your questions or needs for help will be addressed by some lovely knitter here.

·
Registered
8,561 Posts
Welcome from Eastern Oregon, USA. I am a self taught knitter. First from a book, my Mom had to help me cast on, cause I just couldn't get it.There is a great deal of knowledge here and there are wonderful tutorials on the net. Don't be timid, ask questions, we have all stared at one time or another. We have all made mistakes, and lots of us make them over and over. LOL

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. I'm a self-taught knitter, also. I wish that I had known about this site a long time ago because I would have avoided a few (or, maybe, a lot) of errors along the way. As it is, I am still learning and this site continues to teach me a lot. Of course I'm probably a snob in other ways, but knitting isn't one of them.

In addition to KP, I also recommend www.ravelry.com. You have to register, but it is free. Review the help section. It provides lots of useful patterns at all levels and some very useful information.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom