Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a yard sale last weekend. Sold 30 pair of knitting needles that were my Mom's. They were all duplicate sizes of those I kept for myself. If a woman talked to me about knitting I'd tell her about our Knitting Paradise forum. Hope some of them joined!
Georgiesmom

·
Registered
24 Posts
As a new member of the "Knitting Paradise" clan, I must say this is a Totally enjoyable site. :) Am beginning to crochet now, and working the Knifty Knitter, on the side. At this point, I'd be thrilled to make a pot-holder..
The topics as well as chit-chat, are uplifting, informative, and some are quite humorous... loved the "Blond Men Jokes", and the pet stories, and pictures are precious! Thank You for an Awesome group, and site...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is the only "forum" I belong to - not Twitter - not Facebook - none of the "social" forums....but when I joined our lovely KP group I figured I'd give it a try - so glad I did - not only knitting info, but so many other interesting subjects. And, so what if you're not a computer whiz - none of us cares - we're just glad to be amongst others with our same interests - I occasionally have a typo - but again - who cares! This isn't brain surgery - it's just a good outlet for we KP's to interact with each other.
Georgiesmom

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
ulrika said:
I do too. I belong to a charity knitting group. Funny, not one of them has joined. I guess some people don't like to be on the computer.
Some folks like to lurk for awhile before they feel comfortable enough to 'speak up'. Welcome lurkers!

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
At the bottom of the the sign-in sheet for "Knitting With the Slightly Unraveled" (the new knitting group just formed in Omaha) I typed:

If you are not familiar with the Knitting Paradise Forum you are missing out on a good thing! It's International, has over 66,000 members and is absolutely free!

That's how some of us met. The rest of you are here tonight simply because of pure luck.

There were so many references to the forum made that night that I'm sure some of the other women there have signed up. I'll find out when we meet again next Monday night and I'll let you know.

·
Registered
521 Posts
This is a duplicate posting of a message I just entered on the Main Forum under the posting: Time To Say Thank You.
A clever, computer savvy member among us should design an "e Invite card" including some of these kind remarks.
We could e-mail the card to others, inviting them to become acquainted with this "'9th Wonder of the World", link the KP forum and encourage them to join us.
I would do this if I had the skills, but this is so out of my league...

Holly E

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom