Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I'm not a new knitter. Have been knitting and crocheting on and off for years. I guess I should of named myself craftywoman. I also do sewing and quilting in between times. I love to create.
But right now I'd love to learn new ways to knit or get new ideas.

GLEEM

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
Welcome Gleem,
Happy Valntines Day!
You found the place for new and different ideas. And lots of help and advice.

Just ask and someone will answer.

Linda

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi, not a new knitter..been knitting for over 50 years. Now I am in search of a dog sweater for a Doberman...female. I currently do not have the dimensions of her, but will be getting them soon. Need a pattern that does not have to have her front or back legs inserted in to. Thanks.

·
Registered
21,212 Posts
Welcome,
I have made lots of sweaters for my greyhounds. Just slip over the neck. I also make a matching SNOOD. Just a long tube to cover their neck and pull over ears if necessay.
http://www.greyhoundcrafts.com

I love using different colors nd stitches to make each different. I have 6 retired hounds. Love each of them and they love their Granny.

Good luck

Linda

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello! I've been knitting sweaters for my various sized dogs for over 50 years. From a German Shepherd to a schitipoo. I start at the neck of 4 needles(around) or 5, knittting worsted weight. I experiment with the number of stitches till I get the right measure. And procede like a big mitten casting off and picking up for the 2 front sleeves, like I do for a mitten thumb. I do the pattern all 2x2 rib
Very adjustable,larger needles for the body. When you have a long enough body I go down a couple of sizes on the needles for a cuff of 2-3 inches -- like the botom oof a childs sweater.

I don't make the frontarms too long and on them I makea tighter wrist. good luck-- Audie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom