Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following up on a previous post I did about Craftsy trying to lure people back with $5.00 and eventually $2.49 annual membership fees; this morning this popped up on Facebook. At first glance I thought it was Craftsy again until I took a closer look. I've never heard of this group and I'm wondering if anyone else has and if so; what was your experience. I'm tempted to sign up whereas with Craftsy I'm not because of the issues over the past couple of years and people losing what they purchased.

https://go.knittingcircle.com/a24582/?fbclid=IwAR1oRgVYcXWP4RduaaJNwJGjvY8h9AMw90-SRzA3o_0Zbj6-zs6L-GxTx-I

·
Premium Member
81,260 Posts
Patrice B-Z said:
I will consider it, hopefully after hearing what others have to say. Just put the date on your calendar to cancel.
Back when I was working, I was guided through my days by my little agenda - days off (almost never the same in consecutive weeks), doctor appointments, children's activities, etc.
Since retirement, not so much. If it weren't for having to take meds, including four injections a day, I'd never be able to keep track of the days of the week, let alone the date.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't get that but I think better safe that sorry is the way I prefer to go. There has been a huge spike in scams during Covid and I don't want to take the chance.

ChasingRainbows said:
I would not sign up for a subscription for a website when there's no information other that what's on that page and the sign up page. When I clicked on the sign up page I got the following message.

·
Premium Member
29,472 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
Back when I was working, I was guided through my days by my little agenda - days off (almost never the same in consecutive weeks), doctor appointments, children's activities, etc.
Since retirement, not so much. If it weren't for having to take meds, including four injections a day, I'd never be able to keep track of the days of the week, let alone the date.
The only time I get up and likely don't wonder what day it is, other than appointments few and far between, is Thursday, DH asks if I am going to sewing, lolololol! For 43 years, with one day change, it has been the old standby.

·
Premium Member
81,260 Posts
Montana Gramma said:
The only time I get up and likely don't wonder what day it is, other than appointments few and far between, is Thursday, DH asks if I am going to sewing, lolololol! For 43 years, with one day change, it has been the old standby.
For me, it was Sundays to go to knitting group. Haven't been since February. :sm13:

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Jessica-Jean said:
I signed up for a free Creativebug membership at JoAnns at the beginning of the pandemic. I wrote the end date in my planner and tried to cancel a week before the expiration date. They talked me into staying for a few more months for only a dollar. I agreed, so I could take the one class I was interested in. Then, they billed me for a year the day before my new expiration date!! Ugh! I sent an email to Customer Service and they reversed the charge. I won't do any more memberships, regardless of the "deal."

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perfect example of why I don't like these programs.

Rjkda said:
I signed up for a free Creativebug membership at JoAnns at the beginning of the pandemic. I wrote the end date in my planner and tried to cancel a week before the expiration date. They talked me into staying for a few more months for only a dollar. I agreed, so I could take the one class I was interested in. Then, they billed me for a year the day before my new expiration date!! Ugh! I sent an email to Customer Service and they reversed the charge. I won't do any more memberships, regardless of the "deal."

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
jordi said:
Following up on a previous post I did about Craftsy trying to lure people back with $5.00 and eventually $2.49 annual membership fees; this morning this popped up on Facebook. At first glance I thought it was Craftsy again until I took a closer look. I've never heard of this group and I'm wondering if anyone else has and if so; what was your experience. I'm tempted to sign up whereas with Craftsy I'm not because of the issues over the past couple of years and people losing what they purchased.

https://go.knittingcircle.com/a24582/?fbclid=IwAR1oRgVYcXWP4RduaaJNwJGjvY8h9AMw90-SRzA3o_0Zbj6-zs6L-GxTx-I
$2 now with automatic renewal @$49 annually. I think I'll wait to see they are recommended by others.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom