Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought the book "The Sock Knitter's Handbook" by Schurch and Parrot. This weekend i decided to try one of their ribbing for the leg of a child's sock. The facet rib is knit in multiples of 2 sts. Rnds 1 and 2:knit Rnd 3:k1, sl 1 rep across row. Rnd 4: P1, sl 1 repeat across row. Keep repeating this pattern for as long as you need. I really like the way it looks. The book has lots of ribbings that i am excited to try!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

Virginia

jtevendale said:
i recently bought the book "The Sock Knitter's Handbook" by Schurch and Parrot. This weekend i decided to try one of their ribbing for the leg of a child's sock. The facet rib is knit in multiples of 2 sts. Rnds 1 and 2:knit Rnd 3:k1, sl 1 rep across row. Rnd 4: P1, sl 1 repeat across row. Keep repeating this pattern for as long as you need. I really like the way it looks. The book has lots of ribbings that i am excited to try!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
New Stitch a Day has been running a sequence on different ribbing patterns including lace ribbing. You might want to check that out. I have bookmarked a couple of the lace ribbing patterns for my next pair of socks.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Linday said:
Sounds nice and easy. May have to give it a try. I have looked at the book. Would you recommend it for a new sock knitter?
I would recommend Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd for the beginning sock knitter. It's clear and concise with plenty of pictures. Once you have knitted along with the step by step instructions, you have completed your first sock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom