Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knit this from a vintage pattern my customer found amongst her grandmother's things. Her grandmother, who passed away 20 years ago, had originally knit this family heirloom. My customer sent it to a dry cleaner and it came back totally destroyed.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
Stunning work - what a tragedy for the original(but why would you dry clean something like that - was it wool?)!

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
What a wonderful thing you have done to replace such a special piece. Though the dry cleaning was not a great idea, it may be that the yarn was just plain rotted after that much time, depending on how it was stored. How very fortunate that the pattern was still aroud.... Kudos to you.....

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dreamweaver said:
Though the dry cleaning was not a great idea, it may be that the yarn was just plain rotted after that much time, depending on how it was stored.
She's a young, new mother. I told her I'd include the washing instructions when I mail it.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom