Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

· In Memoriam
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Swap starting – U.S. only

Please read the entire message before responding.

There seems to be an unmet demand for another swap group so I am stepping forward. This is my first effort to organize a mail-based swap. Mama Hen (mama879) has graciously provided information on how she runs her swaps. Some of the rules listed below are based on problems discussed in messages about previous swaps.

Swap participants must live in the United States. The total number of participants is limited to 50. [Actually, it is 49 participants plus me. If I am doing all this work, no way am I willing to miss out on the fun part.] I am deliberately keeping the swap small until I get any bugs in my organizational system worked out. Mama Hen has already referred some people who contacted her after her swap closed. There is room for 42 more people. If I receive more applications than available openings, I will start a waiting list.

It is fun to receive a package from a secret swap partner and discover the goodies inside the box. It is extremely disappointing to spend time preparing a package, sending it to your swap person and then receive nothing in return. For this reason, if you have any doubts about being able to meet the swap deadlines, please wait for another swap.

You must spend ten dollars ($10.00) on the package contents. Please do not go more than a few dollars over this amount. This does not include shipping charges and you must obtain a tracking number. You may add items from your stash if you wish to do so.

Swap Communications
Other than this initial announcement and a notice of signup closure, communication concerning this swap should be by private messages (PM). Maligning me in the forum before I have an opportunity to answer your question or resolve your problem is unfair and unacceptable. If you disagree, please do not apply for this swap.

How to Apply
Send me a PM expressing your interest. Sign up is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Signups will close on the 1st of February 2012 or when the 50 person limit is reached, whichever occurs first.
If you are willing to provide support for the swap by being a Swap Angel, please include this information. I am hoping for an awesome group of participants in which everyone sends their package, but real life does happen. In this event, having back up would be greatly appreciated as I do not have the resources to send more than one replacement package.

After you PM me…
1. I will send you a PM telling you whether you are a swap participant or your name is on the waiting list. The message will also contain a reminder of the deadlines and a complete list of the swap guidelines.
2. If participating, you will receive a second PM containing a questionnaire requesting your contact information and preferences. You will have until the 7th of February to return the questionnaire to me via PM. After that date if I have not received your filled-out questionnaire and there is a waiting list, I will remove your name as a participant.
3. No later than February 12th, I will send you a third PM containing the contact information and preferences of your swap partner.
4. The deadline to send your package will be February 25, 2012.

If this swap is successful, I will seriously consider organizing another swap in late April or early May. At that time, a larger group of participants may be possible.

· Registered
44 Posts
Hi. My name is Susan and I live in CT. I would love to be included in the swap. I've been waiting for this! Please include me as an "angel" also. I do understand the need for this and I am willing to be responsible for 2 or three swap packages if needed. If the swap is filled, I am still available if you need a "package". Looking forward to hearing from you.

· Registered
238 Posts
hi swap angel, i would love to be in your swap. i was in one but only one month. it was great fun getting a package of things we enjoy. i hope i can be in this one. looking forward to it. thank you. sandi67

· Registered
1,115 Posts
Can you please give a little more information about what kinds of things go into the package? I saw something about a "blue swap" where the color blue was a theme and thought it sounded fun. I'm also wondering what a swap angel is?

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom