Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this on the craftgossip.com newsletter and I will be making these for sure to use up the small balls of yarn left over from other dish cloths. There is a download link at the end of the pattern.

I am thinking you could make these in the round and just go back and forth for a few rows for the thumb hole. just thinking aloud...

http://www.simplynotable.com/2012/chevron-scrubby-mitts/

Attachments

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
SylviaC said:
Just found this on the craftgossip.com newsletter and I will be making these for sure to use up the small balls of yarn left over from other dish cloths. There is a download link at the end of the pattern.

I am thinking you could make these in the round and just go back and forth for a few rows for the thumb hole. just thinking aloud...

http://www.simplynotable.com/2012/chevron-scrubby-mitts/
Just what I want! have to wash-up by hand for a few days, dishwasher has thrown a tantrum :cry:

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just bought some Dishie by Lion Brand in Tomato Red. I will let you know how that works for me.
I have dishcloths that I have used for years. I usually wash them by hand and rinse in cold water after doing the dishes. I use them once or twice then I throw them in the laundry. They are still good, no holes yet!!!
I have used Sugar and Cream and Bernat Handicrafter and I also have some 'millends' that I got really cheap and the bag says Listowel, ON - that is in Canada - which likely means it is Bernat too.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I tried this out today. It took me about an hour and 50 minutes. However, it turned out way too big for my hand. My hand is 7 inches from wrist to tip of middle finger and 3 inches across from the crook of the thumb. Also, the ribbing was very loose. I didn't like the seaming done on the wrong side, either. It is a neat idea, but I have to try again making a few adjustments. I will make mine narrower and shorter and seam up on the right side, and use smaller needles for the ribbing.

·
Registered
14,208 Posts
You are most welcome..
I am adapting pattern to 4 DPN's in the round too...
I hate sewing up anything..
Will post later.

tami_ohio said:
Thank you Camilla! When I clicked on the link, all I got when it went to the site was a blue bar at the top, and it kept "thinking". It is now saved and printed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom