Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started knitting a pair of easy leg warmers. I wanted it to be different, so I decided to add a second color for a "pop" effect. Wheel now I'm confused as to how to add back in the original color. Was I supposed to cut off a 6" tail of the old one or just let it stay on there, hanging around til I needed it again?

Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
19,648 Posts
It depends on how many rows you have in your stripe pattern.
If it is 2 rows you don't need to do anything - just start the next stripe with the old colour. If it is 4-8 rows, you can hook it in with the second colour each row as you carry it up so that you don't have big loose loops. More rows than this and you really need to start afresh leaving 6" to weave in when you are finished.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh no!! I did it wrong and it's too late too start over. I've got a pattern i just started in it, but i can always start over on that since it's just for rows. The pattern asked for three inches of one pattern then start with a size bigger needle. That's when I got confused about how to add in the next color, so I just kept with the same color. I'm hoping i can fix this

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
just remember when working with a new color to bring the new yarn under the old working yarn so you don't have a hole. It gets to be easy the more you work with color! Good luck with your leg warmers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom