Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Marissa and I'm 22, I live in BC, Canada and I'm a mom to a wonderful 1-year-old. I've been cross stitching and latch hooking since I was small and I picked up sewing and quilting in my early teens. My mom has crocheted longer than I've been alive but with me being left handed she was never able to teach me. A few months ago I picked up loom knitting and have done some basic scarf projects. I'm hoping to start on a blanket soon. I've taught myself some basic knitting but really wish to expand my skills. Anyway, feel free to say hi and I hope I can learn some things here!

·
Registered
15,968 Posts
Welcome from UK, I am sure we have a lot of left handed hookers on this site. Stand-by for advice. :sm24:
Look up
Left Hand Crochet by The Crochet Crowd - YouTube
Mikey is a great teacher!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Welcome to KP. I am right handed and have taught someone left handed how to crochet. All you need to do is sit in front of your mother, face to face, what she is doing with her right hand you will do with your left hand. The lady I taught that way was crocheting in no time.

·
Registered
12,230 Posts
You're sure in the right place. I've been knitting for over 50 years and always learn something new and get so inspired here on KP. Welcome and Happy Needling. jberg

·
Registered
7,184 Posts
I have heard that lefties are smarter than the rest of us so you should be able to learn to knit and crochet with a little help. There should be some youtube videos that would help. By the way, welcome to KP. It is good to have some young people aboard. MN

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Welcome Marrisa. I'm also a lefty. My mum taught me to knit over 50 years ago. She doesn't like to watch me knit as I look too awkward. She also hasn't managed to teach me to crochet. Some once said to sit opposite your mum at the table & that may help you to learn.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom