Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
My group name is machine knitter. My name is Annie. I found this site by accident while looking for a hooded scarf. I do hand knitting now and have for the last couple of years. Before that I did a lot of machine knitting, and before that more hand knitting. I have been knitting since 1979. I have also crocheted and embroidered. Now I have a embroider machine/sewing machine. I have a lot to learn still. My passion is knitting either by hand or machine. Hope to chat with some of you soon.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi - I'm Mary. My daughter is pregnant and it has thrown me out of knitting afghans and into knitting baby things. Oh so much fun. Am learning to use double pointed needles and really into soakers as she is going to cloth diaper. Am interested in any and all baby items and really interested in what sizing to use for babies.
Mary

·
Registered
93 Posts
So am I - Statistics are that most families spend $3,000 on disposable diapers per child. Real can be made for anywhere from $300 to $1000 per child depending on how fancy you want and that doesn't even account for the fact that you are not filling up the land fills. Interesting fact also, most kids don't train until 3 to 3 1/2 years of age. Cloth diaper babies are trained by around 2 yrs old!! Couldn't resist attaching pics of the diapers and a soaker that was knitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just want to send on a note re. using up small pieces of yarn.
I divide the pieces into two pieces of the same length. Then I tie them together in the same order and make two balls. Brown, brown, yellow, yellow, red, red, etc. I then have two balls of identical yarn. If I wish to make mittens, for example, I make a mitten from one ball and another mitten from the other ball.
This turns out to be a pair of matching multicolored mittens. Could be for slippers, or anything that is made in pairs.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
that sounds like a really good idea to use up unused yarn, which we all probably have a lot of. Thinking about trying to make mittens and would love to try socks but they sound very complicated!

Maybe some day...... :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom