Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I'm on here to learn how to knit and make something really nice. Way back years ago when I was younger I was in 4-H And I took knitting and crochet lessons and made scuffies and scarfs. But now I have forgotten how to do it. And I'd like to learn again how to do it. Well can't wait to get started.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
Welcome to the family. You Tube has a great bunch of video's that will help you to remember how to knit or crochett. You should check it out. Even I, an older knitter (50+ years) have refreshed my memory on how to do some types of special knitting..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome from Charlotte NC. I am sure you will get back to doing your crafts again. This is good group to start with. Welcome again.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Here is your homework. Goto Google.com and type in 'how to knit video' and watch as many as you like and try to knit along. You can pause and rewind them if they go too fast. Then switch to 'how to crochet video' and enjoy. Glad to have you.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
If you have access to a library or LYS there will surely be a world of info from either of those to help you learn. There are also a number of craft stores which sell books and magazines or even kits to help you regain your skills. And welcome to the group.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
The amount of help and instruction on YouTube is simply amazing. But it's always especially helpful, I think, to get a little one-on-one personal face-to-face instruction if you can. I kinda taught myself to crochet, and to this day there are things that I just don't understand, or never saw covered, even in beginning crochet books. (I did, however, accidentally find a YouTube video that helped.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom