Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My name is Michele and I live in Buffalo, NY. I am not the greatest knitter but I do LOVE to knit. It will be nice to talk to other knitters for ideas and tips. It is also nice to talk with people who have the same hobbies as I do.

· Registered
10 Posts
Hi!

My name is Phyllis and I live in Butte, MT. I am not the greatest knitter either. Most of my friends crochet. I have recently tried the knitting machine, but think I like hand knitting better. It will be great to have people to share advice and tips about knitting.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Phylis, I have never used a knitting machine. But I do enjoy hand knitting. Right now I am finishing a scarf. After that I promised my niece an afghan for her new apartment. It should keep me busy this winter, spring and summer!!!!! I promised her a nice long one. Mich

· Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like fun. Sometme a good project can make winter go by faster. Mydaughter has a two month old and was telling me about baby hats with flowers. I found a couple of patterns and am anxious to try. I have knitting patterns and crochet patterns. I hope I can make one work. Have a great rest of the day.

Phyllis

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would almost think that having a 2 month old grandbaby might make the winter go by evan faster!!!!!!!!It is nice that you can crochet too. I tried it once and it seems that I crochet very tight. Maybe one of these days I will try it again.

Mich

· Registered
10 Posts
It probably would if she was here. I am in Montana and she is in California. Crocheting is fun and in some ways easier than knitting. At lest muc easier when you have to rip out. I seem to do a lot of that!!! I enjoy both.

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't know the feeling of having a grandchild that is not near. But my son and his wife live in Maryland and I know that will be something that I will go through too!!!!I am sure your trips to California will be more than they were 2 months ago. I have heard that crocheting is quicker too!!!

Mich

· Registered
52 Posts
I have 5 grandchildren and I knit and crochet. I agree that crocheting is easier and you don't have to worry about the dropped stitches that run. I've made almost everyone in my family a crocheted afghan. I only made baby afghans that are knitted. Last year when I got my income tax check I bought the whole set of exchangeable circular knitting needles. Then I got out of the knitting mood. I also like to do counted cross-stitch but have not done it recently. This seems like a great group.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom