Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All- I am VERY new to knitting (I have taken one intro class). I would like to make some Christmas stockings but the patterns seem overwhelming. I like the Indy puppy stocking but thought I might be in over my head. Can anyone suggest some cool patterns? Also I welcome any tips so I don't end up undoing my knitting constantly.

Thanks,
Peggy

·
Registered
494 Posts
I found some easy Christmas stocking patterns on the allfreeknitting site. I also googled and searched the net for easy patterns. Ravelry is also a good place to search if you are a member. Maybe also check the search on this site.

·
Registered
429 Posts
If you are "very new" I would suggest making some socks in one color, or perhaps a self-patterning yarn that looks like you did jacquard work on it to practice the various processes used in making up the pattern. That way, you can concentrate on forming the heel, toe, etc. without the additional confusion of knitting with more than one color. You could still doll them up with a different color at the cuff, or just use Christmas colors and perhaps dress them up with some bits of plastic holly or even some felt appliques. Trying to do color work and socks sounds like a somewhat daunting project for a newbie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom