Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a wood long loom because i wanted to make those hats with ear flaps and tossels. I have been to u tube to see how to cast on etc. I find that i have no control on the tension of the stitch. So far it looks like wet spaghetti.

Any suggestions how to get it to look like a knit you would find in a store?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Where did you get your loom? Mine is an authentic knitting board. Try the web site www.knittingboard.com They have how to dvds. Also try pulling the yarn tight as you wrap it around the pegs. Or try to adjust the board in to make the stitches tighter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased the loom from amazon. It has 28 nails on each side. I went for this long one as all the hat patterns I found called for 28 pegs or nails. I watched a video this afternoon on using a circular loom and it seems with that you hold you yarn like you would if you were crocheting. which made sense as you could control tension. The long loom video I watched this morning suggested once you got you 2 loops on each side you wrap the ball of yarn around the edge while removing the first loop from the loom all the way around.

I was excited about starting this project today, but already frustrated because my product is not looking like the picture.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom