Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new to mk. I'm getting my machine 930 sometime within the next week. I want to know about this new cord that makes it possible to use my pc with it. Can i order on in the us or are they only available from overseas?
Thanks
Retiredmongoose

Registered
retiredmongoose said:
Hi all I'm new to mk. I'm getting my machine 930 sometime within the next week. I want to know about this new cord that makes it possible to use my pc with it. Can i order on in the us or are they only available from overseas?
Thanks
Retiredmongoose
Please let us know your location. We are a global group of machine knitters and can better help you source your needs if we know which continent.

If you are totally new to machine knitting, I would reccommend reading the manual, learn the names of the parts, watch some videos. This way we can help you sort out your issues using the appropriate names to describe your problem.

Machine knitting is an enjoyable challenging skill, but does have a learning curve. The adventure begins.

Registered
The img2track and DAK cable can be both ordered in US. img2 track has instructions how to make cable if you are handy. I got my DAK cable from Distinctive Knits.
But if you are all new start with easy knitting, like scarves and use the built in patterns first. After a while you will know what you need and want.

Registered
Azzara said:
OK....
That doesn't tell me a thing. I still don't know where you are located.
What country do you live in?
She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, Northern California, USA

-When you get your new machine, check the sponge bar (needle retainer bar), most times it has to be changed/replaced. You will want to do this before you do any knitting. Also check under your carriage and make sure all levers are moving quickly and not sticking or moving slowly.

Registered
Sending you a warm welcome from Oregon. I too would love to have the img2track but hard for me to justify the expense since I haven't used my standard machines in a couple years due to failing eyesight. My go-to machine is the Brother 260 and even then every now and then I have to use my magnifying lamp. This getting old is for the birds! As Jaysclark mentioned Ravelry, they were/are a great resource for gleaning information.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom