Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
#1: Do some practicing with thread first before tackling a pattern if you're new to it and using smaller tools. Make a swatch, size and pattern of your choice - or just free-form something.

Tension gauge will change as you start working with an unfamiliar product like thread versus yarn. You don't want the wrong size or to run out of the material and having too much may not be ideal.

#2: When you're comfortable, let's say and now want to make an intricate pattern, do it in YARN first versus thread to see what issues may occur in the intricate pattern. Make paper notes.

For crocheters wanting to make a small DOILY using a harder or easier pattern, whip it up in YARN first, make paper notes THEN switch to thread. I don't see why this wouldn't work with knitting, also.

You'll probably have to do this just once.

Donna Rae
Brandon, Iowa

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
(((((((( LOL! Hubby doesn't like me this way, though (crafty); I get my way with him more often than not! LOL!!

Actually, for years I've run groups like this or have been a member. I save info on computer, e-mail or in my head, etc.

As I'm a SAHM with an empty nest since '05, I have tons of time and end off (as a rule) after supper to go knit or crochet. I worked 25 years before we married and have been in the home for 26+ years; I am thankful and love it + willing to share as others shared with me early on; Pay it forward.

Oh, I have other ideas to share, too and also need to get my own pics over to the forum.

Thank you for your kinds words.

Donna Rae
p.s.......I'm glad I'm a fast typer, too and fairly good spallachick; Where to use semi colons intrigues me! LOL!! )))))))))

=
Jenny Line said:
Thanks for sharing!
You must be the craftiest lady!

Jenny:)

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
((((((( Thank you Crafty Bear! You're part of ADMIN, right?

If so, thank you for having and running this site!

I'm off in a bit to try that mini purse pattern - eat first, though! @@

Donna Rae ))))))

Craftybear said:
thanks, that is a very good hint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom