Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a ball of really inexpensive yarn, knitting needles and a desire to learn to knit...this time around..! I have attempted to learn many times and just could not get this wonderful art to come together for me.
Hopefully, having a few more gray hairs and a lot more time, I just could be successful this time. I have one tutorial for beginners......casting on is way different since my last try. Can someone point me to the very basics?

I sew, embroider by machine, bead and read. Oh, and I even crochet,
loved Martha's Coming Home Cape...made 2.

Anything anyone has to say to jump start me?

TIA, May

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
good morning...I am new to knitting and new to Florida..Welcome to KP your going to love it here...So many wonderful people...if you like message me..I also live in Volusia country. Maybe we can help each other...I learned how to knit from youtube. Have a great day.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Welcome from Marion County Florida, this site has so many wonderful people always willing to help, share and enjoy each others works. I just learned to knit in February and find myself still using a You Tube video to bind off (my all time nemesis).

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Try a beginner class at your local LYS or perhaps at the local senior center or even at JoAnn's or Michaels. I think it's easier to learn when the teacher is right there. Good luck and welcome from NH and FL.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom