Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a newborn boy hat pattern with a brim (if at all possible). I make hats for the newborns in an area hospital and there are so many ways to make the girls hats cute, but I want a pattern that is cute for the boy babies too. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

·
Registered
321 Posts
joni061655 said:
I am looking for a newborn boy hat pattern with a brim (if at all possible). I make hats for the newborns in an area hospital and there are so many ways to make the girls hats cute, but I want a pattern that is cute for the boy babies too. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:
Try a general seaarch for infant boy hat with brim, also try ravelry, simple knits, and also yarn brand sites for free patterns i.e. lion brand, red heart, plymouth yarns etc. They all have free patterns listed for their yarns. Good luck and happy knitting. :thumbup: kaju

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
On the home page for this web site there is a section with links to free knitting patterns. I have seen lots for little boys there. I made one of spong bob square pants for my grandson. Happy hunting. Love my grand's. Bring more joy than most anything else in the whole wide world.

·
Registered
37,478 Posts
i have used a knit-it loom - the smallest one - and put a pompom on top. the brim will rolla little which i like. i found that cotton yarn wasn't stretchy enough so ended up using a light wool yarn. the loom used two strands so using two different colors made for some creativity also. i don't like acrylic yarns - hence the wool yarn.

preston

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Charity Knitter, thanks for link. Sure could of used this link last year. I made 100 hats for kids with cancer, and I had a heck of a time getting anyone to take them. ST. Judes had too many and I could never get anyone to return my calls here in Las Vegas. Next time I will branch out and make hats for other charties. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi, I knit what is called the ice cream swirl hat it is for boy or girl from newborn to adult. very cute. I make it without ever breaking off the yarn. you can google it or I can e-mail you the pattern just let me know at [email protected] in the heading put you from knitting paradise or I will delete you. good luck Kathea

·
Registered
194 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
oh, thanks so much - i am a first time grandma - have a little grandson - and am just so excited to knit things for him - it is harder i find to find cute little boys things than girls things, so i like to try to find all i can for the little guy. thanks so much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom