Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Non profit charity. I donated 145 baby knitted hats with some booties today. I phoned the director of the local chapter yesterday, and she was able to come to my home to pick up the donation today. Time to knit more. I am very grateful they could come pick them up, because I have limited transportation, not having my own vechile. So blessed.

Attachments

·
Registered
476 Posts
you are lucky to have someone to pick them up--i have made capes and blankets for the nursing homes and hats and scarves for the homeless--i have called several churches and the salvation army they say they will get back in touch with me and they never do

·
Registered
27 Posts
www.newbornsinneed.org is their website and they have a Facebook page. All chapters are listed there with contact information. All contacts will respond to pick up donations. And many chapters have donated yarn, fabric, etc. which they will deliver to those willing to make baby items. This really helps those on limited income and homebound. We have a 97 year old woman in assisted living who finishes quilt kits for us. Her family says it gives her purpose.

·
Registered
18,366 Posts
BlueRose said:
Non profit charity. I donated 145 baby knitted hats with some booties today. I phoned the director of the local chapter yesterday, and she was able to come to my home to pick up the donation today. Time to knit more. I am very grateful they could come pick them up, because I have limited transportation, not having my own vechile. So blessed.
A blessing from both ends indeed ????

·
Registered
11,310 Posts
How wonderful what you are doing! I believe our main purpose on earth is to be of service to others in some way. You have found yours... and I love the 97 year old woman who has hers! No matter how old, we all want to feel needed and useful. Thank you and God bless....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom