Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Article Alert! Washington Post - today, October 31; STYLE; Comforting yarns; section B-2:
A knitter rides out the hurricane in a convergence of art, craft and creativity!
"Knitting sits at the convergence of art and craft and creativity!"
the whole article is de-LIGHT-ful!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
That was a great article. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks Jessica-Jean for adding the link, and thank-you Sasse for telling us about it. Knitting isn't just a craft. It's an art that's emotional and spiritual. The joy we get making it,and the joy others get recieving it,makes it an all around wonderful experience. All that from yarn and two needles (or in my case a knitting machine and two needles) it's just so simple.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Isabel said:
Noticed your avatar. Priceless!
Thank you, I ended up on some websiite with a bunch of knitting related items. I saw this one, and it was something I could relate to, so I bought a refrig magnet and a coaster. Then I scanned a copy onto my computer to use as my avatar.

My dad HATED lamb, so we never were allowed to try it. He loved the wool socks that mom knitted him but would not allowed the meat in his house. I am 58 and II have still never tasted lamb--so this is how I see "Cuts of Lamb".

You probably didn't want to hear the whole story...but there it is.

Diane

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Dianeks2 said:
Isabel said:
Noticed your avatar. Priceless!
Thank you, I ended up on some websiite with a bunch of knitting related items. I saw this one, and it was something I could relate to, so I bought a refrig magnet and a coaster. Then I scanned a copy onto my computer to use as my avatar.

My dad HATED lamb, so we never were allowed to try it. He loved the wool socks that mom knitted him but would not allowed the meat in his house. I am 58 and II have still never tasted lamb--so this is how I see "Cuts of Lamb".

You probably didn't want to hear the whole story...but there it is.

Diane
Oh, I like those stories. They're about real people. (I like lamb myself, but my husband doesn't, so I don't cook it much.) Thanks for the story!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom