Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,306 Posts
I would love to do an easy shawl without charts and without the lacy look. This one is really pretty but my attention span is not geared to doing lace work.

·
Registered
19,648 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
DonnieK said:
I would love to do an easy shawl without charts and without the lacy look. This one is really pretty but my attention span is not geared to doing lace work.
Hi Donnie, one shawl you might like is called 'A Sensible Shawl'. Check it out in Ravelry under that name.

·
Registered
15,166 Posts
Thanks for the link. Lovely shawl. Too bad it's charted. I just don't have the desire or energy to learn to use charts - knitting for me is my meditation and trying to follow chart is simply too much after coming home from 2 jobs.

But it really is lovely.

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Hilary4 said:
There is a simple cosy garter stitch one here that I have made a couple of times: http://web.archive.org/web/20071201091419/www.knitlist.com/2003/minishawl.htm
It is easy to make it bigger.
Thanks for the link! This looks like it would be a nice cozy shawl. I have some muted navy and brown yarn that would work up nice. I, like Donnie, have concentration problems (perhaps due to my impending senility LOL) and this pattern isn't complicated like lace work.
;) :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom