Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
I love the texture of your shawl. I tried to figure out a pattern I saw last year that was not intarsia, but knitted all in one piece/colour. You knit purl circles on a stockinette base....does that even make sense? I loved the texture of that one too.

Discussion starter · #46 ·
Given the length of time it took you to finish, I admire you for discipling yourself to finish it! You are an inspiration to many of us!!
I don’t know about being an inspiration. In the years it took me to finish it, I began a
Font Screenshot Multimedia Software Electric blue

The numbers in the parentheses are the tally of completed projects in that year. Had I not allowed myself to be distracted by other projects, it would have been done years ago!

It’s nothing spectacular. It was the only idea I had to use up the skatey-eight small balls of a strange synthetic yarn. It was terminally boring, which is why it took so long.

The thick-n-thinnest nature of the yarn resulted in the interesting ‘bubbles’ in the fabric:
View attachment 1288585

View attachment 1288586
View attachment 1288588
View attachment 1288587

The leftover bit, with a stick pen and a lip baume for perspective’s sake:
View attachment 1288589

Weaving in the multitude of ends will take place during future Sunday Morning Knitting Meetings. It’s the perfect activity for keeping track of ongoing conversations.
It’s nothing spectacular. It was the only idea I had to use up the skatey-eight small balls of a strange synthetic yarn. It was terminally boring, which is why it took so long.

The thick-n-thinnest nature of the yarn resulted in the interesting ‘bubbles’ in the fabric:
View attachment 1288585

View attachment 1288586
View attachment 1288588
View attachment 1288587

View attachment 1288589

Weaving in the multitude of ends will take place during future Sunday Morning Knitting Meetings. It’s the perfect activity for keeping track of ongoing conversations.
I admire the fact you stuck with it! I don’t think I would have! Enjoy your shawl. Beautiful!

Discussion starter · #50 ·
That is a very interesting texture and I really like it. Faroese shawls are great because they sit so nicely on the shoulders and stay on. It may have taken a long time but you got a great result.

View attachment 1288585

View attachment 1288586
View attachment 1288588
View attachment 1288587

View attachment 1288589

A big project but very nice work.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom