Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restricting myself from knitting
today. I have a bushel basket full of
projects that need to have ends woven.
One long shawl, four triangle prayer
shawls, 7 scarves and 3 pairs of slipper
Sox. Then I can start knitting again.
I've been a bad girl to let them pile up
like this so now she suffers!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Oh, this makes me feel sick! Weaving in one strand is bad enough; a whole pile would defeat me utterly. Lindahls65, you have sympathy from me to last all day, and amudaus too. Yes, weaving in as you go is the only way. One or two at a time is barely survivable. More, I can't imagine: How to ruin a week-end.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I'm making blankets of 4" squares and that equates to a lot of ends to darn in, but I quite enjoy it. I save the ends to use as stuffing for toys. I guess we all have those things we don't like - I don't like making raglan sleeves as the rows just get longer and longer, phew, so glad when I get to the cast off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am not a fan of the finishing either especially weaving the ends. I don't know why that gives us such a challenge. Glad to know I'm not the only one with that issue.
The other thing that is frustrating is when you put a project down and come back to it and trying to figure out where you were. Ugghhh!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Really! why do we let this happen? I started a baby sweater over a year ago. It is a beautiful pattern, only have to finish the arms of the sweater. Have made a pair of socks, only have to close the toe of one sock. Mind you this is the first pair I have made, You would think I would be anxious to wear them. then I made a dress for GGD never finished it, she can no longer wear it as she has grown too big for it. Have a sweater made for my
Bear on needles. It should be really cute, Iwill show you the picture some day. there is more! WHY! WHY! WHT!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Am i the only one who won't start another knitting project until I finish the one I am doing..??? Am I Weird??????? I have only been knitting for 1yr.

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
I also do not like weaving in ends. Now I use the Russian join, spit join, or braided join depending on what weight and fiber content being used. I occasionally have situation where I can't use one of these joins, such as when adding a second ball of yarn when separating a sweater front for the neck, so I weave in as I knit by wrapping my working yarn around the tail for about 5 or 6 stitches, then on my way back I catch the tail again for about 5 or 6 stitches. I wait about 4 more rows, then pull my work to set the ends and then clip the extra tail off. Saves a lot of time later.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't mind the actual sewing on of buttons, but I'm VERY particular about the buttons chosen. Too often, I've seen a cardigan, beautifully knit,with cheap-looking buttons.The whole effect of the handiwork is spoiled.
trish2222 said:
I'm guilty of that too especially sewing on buttons - that can wait a very loooong time!

·
Registered
18,099 Posts
cathie white said:
I don't mind the actual sewing on of buttons, but I'm VERY particular about the buttons chosen. Too often, I've seen a cardigan, beautifully knit,with cheap-looking buttons.The whole effect of the handiwork is spoiled.
trish2222 said:
I'm guilty of that too especially sewing on buttons - that can wait a very loooong time!
Yep, I posted a topic on that very subject way back. A tragic story....... :lol:

·
Registered
751 Posts
aawww lol it'll be ok I sometimes find it hard to sew up the seams.. if I'm crocheting lately when I'm not doing ag clothes I crochet african flower motifs and I've learned to crochet over the stragler so I don't have to go back and weave it in later reminds me I have a dress I need to sew up seems I start something else before one is completely done LOL I don't know a day without knitting I'd go into withdrawl or something :) LOL

·
Registered
33,478 Posts
I know how you feel - I had a "no knitting" afternoon, as I had to write out my Christmas cards, which I did in a few hours - all 54 of them, and even better I had stamps that were unused (from previous mail), so I soaked the back off and used them, saving over $30...

·
Registered
682 Posts
I dread the weaving in too, but always do it either as I go or as soon as I am finished knitting. The project is not done until the ends are woven in and I love having it done! Feels so good when that last end is tucked away. Another part of the process. Sometimes I feel almost frantic or giddy when I'm doing it - gotta get 'er done!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom