Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone posted last week (?) about a non-curling cast on edge. Seed stitch, ribbing, etc are good choices. Meg Swanson also recommended a hem - which can be added after completion of the garment. I have added on borders and hems to completed garments to correct the dreaded curl. I haven't tried her "purl when you can" method. I found this method in her book Knitting with Two Colors. She is discussing this method when you are using 2 or more colors. From her book, page 17 "A relatively small smattering of purl stitches are required to produce a fabric which will lie flat. .... to avoid the wrong side blips only purl a stitch when it lies above a same-color stitch in the preceding round. ... Work for a minimum of 2". Has anyone tried this method?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Does anyone know a quick explanation of how to add edges to a scarf that is now rolled up like a snake? I did it all st st and it is a very long double coil because its so long, wraps around twice, like a real snake, and looks hideous. What was I thinking?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pick up stitches along the edge and add either a seed stitch or a lace edging. Most shawl patterns have you pick up along the edge and add a lace strip. Or, Epsteins books - knitting on the edge should also have something you might like. The same technique is used in adding on a border to a sweater or adding a ribbed edge to a sweater knit side to side.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom