Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for 3 skeins of Noro Silk Garden Solo # 17 (Lavender). Can't seem to find it online. I'm not sure if just been hard to ship to the USA or if it's been discontinued. I would prefer to purchase as opposed to swap. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
82,422 Posts
I am looking for 3 skeins of Noro Silk Garden Solo # 17 (Lavender). Can't seem to find it online. I'm not sure if just been hard to ship to the USA or if it's been discontinued. I would prefer to purchase as opposed to swap. All suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
There seem to be several in various Ravelers’ stashes.
You can disregard the default notation of “in stash (not for sale)”, and ask anyway. Often the person will sell anyway.

No mention of production being discontinued.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have posted a request on Ravelry as well as tried to contact people directly in "stash" without results to date. Hoping to come into this particular fiber in anyway possible.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Some yarn stores sell Noro Silk Garden. How about contacting them?

WEBS & Eat Sleep Knit are two I’ve bought yarn from and had good experience with.

Make sure you specify what yarn weight you are looking for, this yarn comes in more than one Yarn weight

Here’s ravelry’s list has to which yarn stores sell it

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Go on line to Knittingfever.com, then click on Noro, then click on Noro Silk Garden Solo and scroll down to colour 17 (Lavender). You will see that the picture is faint which indicates this colourway has been discontinued however just under the colour click on 'Find Shops' and on the left hand side of your screen will appear a menu of various shops who have stocked this colourway in the last few months, a lot of them are in the US, and hopefully you will find a shop with the quantity you require and maybe even near to you. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
P.S. Correcting myself, it is not the picture that is faint but the colourway number on Knittingfever.com. All current colourway numbers are in bold. Just out of curiosity I went online to two of the shops in the drop down menu, one I think was called Purl's Yarn Emporium and the other For Yarns Sake LLC and both have the Lavender colourway in stock at about $13 per ball.

·
Registered
13,380 Posts
Yeah, Ravelry contacts sometimes don't respond and sometimes they do and say they will sell the yarn as soon as they locate it in their stash, then never hear from them again. That just happened to me. I contacted the seller (who said the yarn was for sale) twice, both times she responded and I got all excited. I have yet to hear from her again.

·
Super Moderator
82,422 Posts
Yeah, Ravelry contacts sometimes don't respond and sometimes they do and say they will sell the yarn as soon as they locate it in their stash, then never hear from them again. That just happened to me. I contacted the seller (who said the yarn was for sale) twice, both times she responded and I got all excited. I have yet to hear from her again.
That’s sort of normal, when the person who has the yarn isn’t actively trying to sell it.
Being asked for yarn I had listed as in stash - not for sale, is why I deleted most of my stash entries. I hadn’t the least clue where I had put it!
Besides, no one wants to pay Canada Post’s rates.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top Bottom