Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone :-D I a,m excited to be a member of this group I just love love kniting.In 1993 I had brain surgery and
I suffered a stroke on the table and was paralyed on the left side. I could not bring myself to throw my needles and yarn away.It took the news of a grandchild to get my creative jucies going and I realized I could put the left needle into a brace I was wearing andI could knit!I was so excited I cried. I now have a home based business knitting boutique style dog sweaters and organic dog treats. Looking forward to all the new patterns and new friends sharing the love of knitting. I recently became a widow knitting is helping with my grief. by for now Blonde Barbara

·
Registered
10,064 Posts
people are so amazing...i used to place a long straight ndl in the crease of my leg when sitting, just to rest my hands as the necessary change in movement is just different...

there is a young man demo-ing entrelac on youtube that braces one of his needles and just moves the thread back and forth over the point of the stationery ndl....it's been a long time since i used straight ndls for anything so i kind of got out of the habit....i'm so glad you found something that works for you....i would really hate to lose this wonderful hobby and i know you would have too...

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
you are very courageous it is hard to overcome adversity but if we try we can do lots of things I am so happy for you .I am disability retired since 84 have had both knees and both hips replaced cant get around to much but thank God I learned to do handwork when I was a child it will keep you sane.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Hi Barbara. Sorry for your loss. I think it's wonderful that you figured out a way to knit after all you went through. You are a very strong person! Post some of your projects whenever you can. I would love to see them. I have only been knitting for a year and love it. I am working on a set for a baby girl now. I started the dress yesterday and will post it when I have finished the complete set. It has the bonnet, leggings and shoes to go with it. I will be busy for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom