Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knitted a shawl for myself but happy with the way it turned out so I thought I would give to charity but then thought about the people who get them.
They have no way of blocking them and this one is just not sitting how I would like. I do love the colour changes on this one.
This one is made from Moda Vera 'Folly Printed'

I am going to frog back a fair bit and change the ending.

But then I started one for a Red Cross raffle and I love the way it is hanging. Will show final pictures when finished.
this one is made of Moda Vera 'Giselle'

Attachments

·
Registered
7,520 Posts
The yarn is magnificent and so is the pattern. Tried to find the yarn in US but couldn't. Shipping from AU is probably prohibitive. Any idea what is might cost to make this? What is the pattern? Maybe I can find a yarn to substitute.??

Would love to try it after I finish the one I'm working on now.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
If you have an ironing board, you could pin it out in sections and block it a liitle bit at a time. You can use the steam from an iron without touching the iron to the shawl.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I love the first one. The colorway is absolutely beautiful. The second one is beautiful a lso.You did a great job on both of them.

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
I like them both but especially the first one, love those colors. Like other people have said, maybe only blocking is necessary, no frogging

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
If you are going to frog it, you could block it and put in on the classifieds here and surely it wold sell, it it way to beautiful to frog. God Bless

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
patchz said:
I knitted a shawl for myself but happy with the way it turned out so I thought I would give to charity but then thought about the people who get them.
They have no way of blocking them and this one is just not sitting how I would like. I do love the colour changes on this one.
This one is made from Moda Vera 'Folly Printed'

I am going to frog back a fair bit and change the ending.

But then I started one for a Red Cross raffle and I love the way it is hanging. Will show final pictures when finished.
this one is made of Moda Vera 'Giselle'
Very nice....I am glad you decided to keep it, although I am sure some-one else would have loved to receive it. That is the beauty of knitting and crochet. If you are not happy with the finished product you can frog it, and try something else. I often do this if I am not happy with beaded stuff I make.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom