Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I know YO means Yarn over but what is yop I wnat to make some fingerless gloves and the pattern states this

For both hands:
Work 3 rows of garter stitch (knit every stitch on every row).
Next row: P1, *yop, P2tog, repeat from * to last stitch, P1.
Work 3 rows of garter stitch.

So please can someone tell me what it means? it is probably so simple it is just escaping me. I am a novice knitter and even though I have mastered things like making a sweater for the first time this yop evades me.

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
trish2222 said:
It's ringing a little bell with me. I think it might be yarn over purl wise. I think it's a simple way of making sure you wrap the yarn round the needle as opposed to just bringing it forward.
I am inclined to agree, usually patterns have an abbreviation section, have you checked there?
I have just tried it, and its an eyelet row? do your first purl stitch then wrap yarn around needle to purl 2 together.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
yop - yarn over purl-wise. it takes like have an extra yo to do this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom