Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel in love with the Noni Bedouin Bag (you can see it on their site) and decided to make one. I got the yarn and am almost finished with the bag and getting ready to felt it. I decided I'd better order the leather handle, snap, and maybe the little logo tag. Handle - $68. , Snaq - $20., Logo tag $7.!!!! That's $95. I wouldn't spend that for a ready made bag. I went to my local yarn shop and she helped me find a handle for only $48 and a sew-on snap for $3. Not buying the logo tag. From now on, I'm checking all the costs including extras before I start a project that uses anything but yarn.

·
Registered
20,179 Posts
It is a beautiful bag and a useful item as well. I'm sure you would pay more than that for a ready-made designer bag.

Wear it in good health and when asked about the cost, just reply -- "priceless"!

And, if someone wants you to make one for them, double the cost of materials and pay yourself minimum wage for time involved.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I probably wouldn't pay that even for a designer though I'm sure my daughter would. I'd rather have 5 different bags instead of 1 expensive one. But now that I have spent the money, I will enjoy it and show it off. I still love the bag, just not the extra costs.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
I love that bag! But then, according to my daughter and granddaughters, I have a purse/shoe fetish :roll:

I might try it at sometime in the future, but I have never felted and would have to learn that first. I am thinking I would probably just take the leather handle off of a purse I already have before I would pay them an exorbitant price for their handle.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
TheresaD said:
I feel in love with the Noni Bedouin Bag (you can see it on their site) and decided to make one. I got the yarn and am almost finished with the bag and getting ready to felt it. I decided I'd better order the leather handle, snap, and maybe the little logo tag. Handle - $68. , Snaq - $20., Logo tag $7.!!!! That's $95. I wouldn't spend that for a ready made bag. I went to my local yarn shop and she helped me find a handle for only $48 and a sew-on snap for $3. Not buying the logo tag. From now on, I'm checking all the costs including extras before I start a project that uses anything but yarn.
Dreamweaver yarns.com has the kit for $170 (small) but the pattern is extra! It's a beautiful bag! Please post a picture!

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
If you want sticker shock, try owning either a boat or swimming pool. Momma mia! I'd rather have the spicy meat-a-ball! :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom