Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to stay sane by knitting/crocheting - i think it's working! I have recently been knitting some vintage patterns. It's great fun. I started a pattern with some vintage yarn - don't have enough to finish! Arrgh! Anyone have or know where I can get a couple skeins of Susan Bates Softura in peach?

·
Registered
41,373 Posts
Welcome. Wish I did.... Is there any way you cn stretch the yarn by adding a second color... sleeves in a brown or blue? Have you tried Ebay or just a general search? I know there are a couple of sites for discontinued yarns. I THINK Smiley's may be one of them, but someone else will now better...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have searched all over the internet. i started the project thinking i had enough yarn to complete. so, now i'm halfway done and realize i won't have enough. i guess i'll have to take it apart and start over using, as you suggest, a combination of colors or a different color or yarn entirely.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
I was looking for some sock yarn that was discontinued, so I typed in the name of the yarn and the color pattern. I got the website from England of Jannettes rare yarns. Just type in the name of yarn and see what happens. I was really shocked because this quest took me a couple of days. Guess the computer had to know all the particulars of exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You might try contacting Discounted Brand Name Yarns, DBNY.com. They have tons of stuff from estates and such. You might be lucky with them. Or as other people have suggested, just google on the web and maybe you will have success. Good Luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom