Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to make all kinds of things for all ages but these are a few of the baby items that I have made recently.
I have crocheted since about eight years old (which was many, many moons ago).
I am very lucky that one of the ladies in our Gifted Hands group, is a excellent teacher. She taught me to knit about a year ago. I am beyond grateful to her.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The sailor set is not entirely my work. Someone donated it incomplete. It had the basic structure (the flap). I decided to trim it with navy blue and add the buttons and appliques. I made the hat using (Basic newborn baby hat with garter stitch edge by Jennifer L. Jackson www.majorknitter.typepad.com
Since I have no pattern and can't find one, I am improvising in making another one. I'm using a basic baby sweater pattern. 4 rectangles - CO 42 st each for front and back - CO 32 st each sleeve. I had to figure out how to do the flap but I haven't written it all down yet. I am surprised at how few difficulties I had. It is almost identical to the first one except that I couldn't find any sailboat appliques so I'm using gold anchors and gold buttons.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom