Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My niece just started as a student last week at Ohio State. I know the school colors are gray and scarlet (read it on their website). I would like to knit her a hat and gloves to wear when the weather gets cold. I will include it in a care package I send her in October. What I am wondering....is scarlet dark red? or firetruck red? What color grey is correct, dark or light? Maybe someone from Ohio can tell me.

· Registered
5,854 Posts
casey1952 said:
Try the new Red Heart Team colors yarn. Perfect scarlet and grey.
I saw this in Michael's. It is the perfect Ohio State color combo. My granddaughter lives in Ohio and although not college age, yet, she cheers for their football team. I got some to make a hat/scarf for her for Christmas. Of course, I will have to include something with U of F Gator colors in case both teams are in the playoffs this year.

· Registered
2,605 Posts
schmack said:
My niece just started as a student last week at Ohio State. I know the school colors are gray and scarlet (read it on their website). I would like to knit her a hat and gloves to wear when the weather gets cold. I will include it in a care package I send her in October. What I am wondering....is scarlet dark red? or firetruck red? What color grey is correct, dark or light? Maybe someone from Ohio can tell me.
Look on the school's website, maybe there are pictures of the football team wearing the colors.

· Registered
6,315 Posts
My son's HS colors were Navy, Scarlet and Silver (I know, odd), but the scarlet was a darker red leaning a bit toward bluish. VERY hard to duplicate. Glad to know the Red Heart school colors yarn has it.

· Registered
10,915 Posts

Attachments

· Registered
3,588 Posts
Go to the Ohio State Bookstore and look at all the items there in the school colors.

I've done two dorm afghans so far for Mizzou. I knew that the colors were gold and black and I was glad I looked first at the "school spirit" items first b/c nearly every single one included white, which made it much nicer looking.

Attachments

· Registered
1,241 Posts
What kind of hat are you making? I have the cutest hat pattern that has the three tips at the top. sort of like a "jester's hat" I have made them for a few little kids but I made them last yr for two of my nieces off to school and they loved them--if she is a sporty, fun-loving girl, she would like them. Let me know if you would like to send the pattern.

karen

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom