Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hubby brought home several treasures yesterday. He is an avid flea market and yard sale junkie. I hate them and rarely go.

He said he was at an estate sale and a woman was throwing the contents of a trunk into a trash pile. He was beside himself because she wasn't even looking at it. He walked over and the woman said take what you want. There were several old baby clothes. Little starched slips and dresses with dainty embroidery, a handmade blanket cocoon with a matching hat. I am not sure how old (maybe from 40 or 50's). I can't imagine the ironing these little treasures needed each time they were washed.

I did find this set in the treasures which I will clean and freshen up for a someday grand baby. All of the items smell like moth balls and cedar.

SEA

Attachments

·
Registered
25,149 Posts
One of the ladies I looked after was waiting to move,When her brother died,he had lived all his life in the family home,never married,He still had all the bedlinen and table clothes that had been his mothers,It was such a shame that it was all thrown out with the rubbish,

·
Registered
10,593 Posts
I don't understand why people throw perfectly good (and in this case, beautiful) items in the trash instead of donating them to a charity to sell. We are such a wasteful country.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Butterfly1943 said:
I don't understand why people throw perfectly good (and in this case, beautiful) items in the trash instead of donating them to a charity to sell. We are such a wasteful country.
I totally agree. It hurts deep within my being to see such waste.

The little sweater set is so precious. I'm afraid I would have rescued the whole lot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom