Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This pattern has been handed down by my mom, my oldest memory of it was when my sister knitted for her eldest son - he is 35years old now. The origin of this pattern is unknown, I have a dull photocopy my mom gave me when I needed for my eldest, now 27. Took up knitting again after many years of abstinence, and the most recent knit was for my neighbours GS due later this month. Al of my 4 kids had at least 1. Pattern is faded so I am considering retyping it.

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,641 Posts
Could you perchance take it to a print shop to see if they could get it so that you had the picture as well as the text?
My thinking is that you would not take the chance of mistyping any instructions, and if it was handwritten, that would
be kept for the family also.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I was so encouraged by all the positive feedback that I sat down and retyped the pattern last night. I will definitely laminate and save Mom's Copy.

·
Registered
31,973 Posts
Rae Ripepi said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback. I was so encouraged by all the positive feedback that I sat down and retyped the pattern last night. I will definitely laminate and save Mom's Copy.
I'm glad you were able to save your Mum's copy, that's great!!!! ????

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Rae Ripepi said:
This pattern has been handed down by my mom, my oldest memory of it was when my sister knitted for her eldest son - he is 35years old now. The origin of this pattern is unknown, I have a dull photocopy my mom gave me when I needed for my eldest, now 27. Took up knitting again after many years of abstinence, and the most recent knit was for my neighbours GS due later this month. Al of my 4 kids had at least 1. Pattern is faded so I am considering retyping it.
Beautiful! yes! yes! retype! MAKE LOTS OF COPIES! :) Welcome back to knitting!

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom