Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had signed up to "Adopt a Soldier.org."
I just got one !!!
He must be just a boy cause he has just arrived In Afg.in Jan. Ist tour.
They say that letters are so important to them, especially from strangers & they know we here at home are thinking of them.
I am getting off of here to go & write to him.
Anyone want to join me. PLEASE DO. Go & sign up !
Sheree

· Registered
7,116 Posts
Bully for you and TY for supporting this soldier. I, too am in that group - have had two assignments. Our son is in Iraq #2 and I'm prior service USAR. Go Army!!

Donna Rae

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Donna,
Havn't been able to get off here yet. I hope we can get a massive movement on here !!!!!!!!!!
My Son was in Viet Nam for a year, it was one of the worst in my life. So I so understand where you are at.
Bless you !
Sheree

· Registered
956 Posts
My step-son 21 USA just arrived in Afghanistan last week. My son's step-son 19 UK deploys in March and my son 28 UK deploys in June for his second time - first time was Iraq. For a period of approx 14 months three of our family will be over there.

Lets hope that soon it will be over and we can all have our families safely home.

Gracie

· Registered
1,801 Posts
KnitLogical: Wow! You and your family have certainly given more than your share to the "war effort". I will keep good thoughts and prayers for your boys overseas. Can you keep in touch with them via e-mail, cell phone, texting?

· Registered
956 Posts
Actually it was decided that they would contact their wives and girlfriends who in turn will keep us informed. Contact time is scarce and others are more in need of it. My son's daughter is due to be born next month - 1st grandchild. They need to hear from him more than I do. It's hard but sacrifices are being made by all in this war.

Gracie

· Registered
145 Posts
Hi Gracie. I saw on the news a while ago where someone set up computers/webcams so the dad could be in on the birth of his first child. Reading your post makes me wish I paid closer attention to it but it was just like he was there with her through the labor and delivery. Sure brought tears to our eyes.

All the best.

· Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Gracie
I see you are online too. We are nearly neighbors, You in Ct. I'm in Mass.
Originally from London.Eng. You from Scotland.
I am guessing you are a lot younger than me if you kids in the service.
I am 77.
Sher

· Registered
28 Posts
I lead three needlecraft groups and all three groups of ladies make helmet liners, slippers, hats, scarves, and lapghans for our soldiers. One lady knit 30 plus helmet liners and she is still knitting them. They are a wonderful group of women. They also knit for other charities in our city (Whittier).

· Registered
28 Posts
I lead three needlecraft groups and all three groups of ladies make helmet liners, slippers, hats, scarves, and lapghans for our soldiers. One lady knit 30 plus helmet liners and she is still knitting them. They are a wonderful group of women. They also knit for other charities in our city (Whittier).

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom