Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
WOW ..... I need to get through my son's wedding in mid-September first. Then I need a week to rest. And then MAYBE I can deal with the approaching Holidays.

GREAT REMINDER !! THX ! :)

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
I'm nearly done with my Holiday knitting and have begun my holiday shopping. I HAVE to because I have no life from Thanksgiving until New Years.

I set Thanksgiving day as my "end of knitting/shopping, start shipping gifts" day.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I try to have all my holiday shoping done by the end of September. Especially the bigger ticket items. In the winter the gas prices are so high I need to make sure I have them all bought by then. I just make sure I get gift reciepts for them just incase something is wrong. The stores say they will honor those threw the holidays. The sales on them are usually better then in the winter.

·
Registered
11,389 Posts
littlemissxmas, I'm not sure where you live but in the United States, gasoline prices are generally higher in summer than in winter. More people take vacations in Summer so gas prices spike then and drop in winter.

Just prior to every spring/summer holiday the prices go up a little, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I'm madly working on my Christmas gifts, both hand made & those I'm buying. I always buy/make my gifts way in advance, however, it still seems that I am knitting away at last minute gifts during the Christmas season. This year our extended family Xmas party is Dec. 29th so I have a few extra days! We have 52 people in our family - both immediate & extended family - and I always have something for every one of them as well as some close friends. It's never big gifts (those are for immediate family/friends)but some little something for everyone - washcloths, Xmas ornaments, fancy soaps, etc. Last year everyone got washcloths & actually I could probably do those every year as everyone in my family seems to love them & actually ask for them.

·
Registered
885 Posts
In the past 2 weeks a spontaneous family reunion of all my siblings has been in a planning stage for Labor Day weekend. (That's next weekend.) I thought I was going to be finished with all my gifts way ahead of time, but NOW I'm in a panic! We never get together at Christmas and rarely get all of us together, but NOW I have a week to finish knitting my gifts! It will be an early Christmas. Will I make it? Well, maybe, if I leave you guys and gals on your own this week. Sheesh! See you in September!

·
Registered
836 Posts
courier770 said:
littlemissxmas, I'm not sure where you live but in the United States, gasoline prices are generally higher in summer than in winter. More people take vacations in Summer so gas prices spike then and drop in winter.

Just prior to every spring/summer holiday the prices go up a little, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.
The gas prices I am talking about is for heating your home. Not gas for the car. I don't go on vacations as they are to expensive most times.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom