Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Karen Liebengood said:
It's really very pretty!
I'm not really into orange...but I do like that...have never worn a scarf like that...might work good here in GA for my motorcycle riding...the ones I used to wear were for the "North" where I came from...

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It just wraps around once and buttons down. I like it, I did a neck warmer a while back with the same yarn and I liked how it looked on me, but it was for my S-I-L. But I have since colored my hair blonde and I don't think it looks right on me now! Or perhaps because its bulkier than the neck warmer? But it is nice. Our camera is broken so I really only have our not so great web cam for pics so you can't see the stitch pattern as well. Its this pattern. Forgot to post this anyway http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/the-amelia-scarf and I used Lion Brand Wool Ease in, as I'm sure you can tell, Pumpkin!! Its warm and squishy and simple. Where in the North? I lived in upstate NY until 10 and central NJ until 18. Since then I'm all over. I can imagine that loose scarves may not be favored by motorcycle riders!

knittingnut214 said:
Karen Liebengood said:
It's really very pretty!
I'm not really into orange...but I do like that...have never worn a scarf like that...might work good here in GA for my motorcycle riding...the ones I used to wear were for the "North" where I came from...

·
Registered
541 Posts
I think the color is nice and the button is perfect. Also the lengh is practical. Here, short scarfs are preferred because they are eaiser to deal with. Example they are less likely to get caught in subway doors.
Knitlady999

MsMallo said:
This scarf is a little shorter. Has a button and can be worn a couple different ways. Not sure if I like it for me though... I am trying to think of who I know that may like to have it...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom