Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
Yep, anybody who wants 'em can have my parts - when I'm thorugh with 'em :)

I've heard that whatever you do to your body today will show up 20 years from now. I want the next person to "inherit" a good "whatever."

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
As the mom of a 37-year-old son who has needed a transplant for 3 years, I urge all KPers to become organ donors and to urge others to do the same. You're going to have no use for your organs once you go to your final reward and they might help someone continue to positively influence your grandchildren!

·
Registered
157 Posts
My niece at the young age of 1 was lucky enough to be able to recieve 2 livers. The first one did not take. She is now 4 and just started preschool Monday. I will say I thank God every day for the families that had to make such a terrible/tough choice. I can't imagine what the must have been going through. I know because of them and their selfless act, I am now a donor. Thank you to all the donors and their families!!!

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
We have had donor cards since the Esther Rantzen programme on TV where they were talking about kidney donation many many years ago. I had a cousin who was 17 yrs old, if he had survived he would now be 75, who died from nephritis. From first becoming ill to his death was just over 3 months, no dialysis treatment no transplants so it was an easy decision for me. Just over 20 yrs ago my 5 yr old nephew had a tumour on his kidney, he survived with chemo and now is a strapping lad who looks as though he has never been ill. Donor cards are a must, they can use whatever they can of mine I won't need the bits but someone else might be desperate for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom