Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
  • Wondering how to use different site features? Please visit our FAQ. Still have questions? Post to our Community Help section for a speedy response.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't intend to, but after I entered a couple of skeins, the beauty of the program kept me going til I hit the bottom of my stash.

I have been using Ravelry to keep track of favorite patterns, but now that my stash is entered it's all so wonderfully integrated on a neat little list. Uh, okay, I lie...not that little.

Anyway, it's really helping me decide what to knit with which yarn.

I did a search here on KP to see if a lot of us use it and decided to put this organizing option out there again.
It takes time to do, but it's an easy process and could so worth it.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
After you have entered your yarn in the file, how do you organize the actual stash so you can find the recommended skein/s when the time comes to make something?

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cathryn 2ed said:
After you have entered your yarn in the file, how do you organize the actual stash so you can find the recommended skein/s when the time comes to make something?
I organize intuitively. Part emotional, part time-line, part practical. I know my yarn as if they were my children and pretty much know which container they reside in. And I visit them on a regular basis, so that helps. But I've never been able to remember how much they weigh nor how long they are nor their favorite needle size, so now instead of digging, I go to my Ravelry list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom