Knitting and Crochet Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,190 Posts
georgethefifth said:
Hi folks: I am so proud of our bike, I just had to show you all a picture of it. Blessings, Dorothy
A real beauty and great for touring... no shortage of luggage space! As one who ends up with a pack on his back, I'm becoming increasingly aware of the disadvantages of sports bikes, I must be getting old!

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Ride like the wind!!
Wild Hogs Rule!!

Be safe, and enjoy
Linda

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dave: We are all getting old, it beats the alternative. lol. We love our bike, we use to ride with the Christian Motrocyclists in Alberta before we moved to New Brunswick. We don't ride as much as we use to, but enjoy it when we do. Blessings, Dorothy

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Hi Dorothy, sharp bike. We ride also Phil has a Harley and I have a Goldwing trike there is nothing like the feeling you get on your bike, however mine is up for sale to many health problems could be like one of my "sons-by-choice"(that is one of the many that calls me Mama they are my kids friends) told me one day I am too short on legs and too long on years to ride. lol

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Gln, I think maybe this will be our last year riding. My husband has knee & back problems, oh well. Are you in Alabama? We had a wonderful experience there 2 years ago with our motor home. Our hitch was scraping on the ground every time we left a parking lot. Jim noticed it was scraping more than usual & so we brought it to a garage. The young man there had every man in the neighbourhood (so it seemed to me) looking at the hitch. They did fix it for us, but they were so darn friendly & the accent charmed the dickens out of me. I hated to leave. Such sweet people. Blessings, Dorothy

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful beautiful. We use to have a big BMW back in the 1960's through the 80's. We did not take it on long treks because we had young kids. It sure was fun to sneak away for a while, just the two of us. Enjoy. Cathryn

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Yes Dorothy, I was born here and moved back 10 yrs ago,and yes I have the "Southern Drawl"real bad I have been teased about it quite a lot but its all in good fun.Thank you for your nice comments.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi there, I love your southern drawl. We spent 5 months in Florida & while there we attended a church where everybody had a southern drawl. The ladies taught me to say "y'all & yes mam". Everybody in church cried ( my husband & I did as well) when we were saying so long as we had to start the long drive back to Canada. On the way home we spent almost a month in Georgia where we met a lot of other southeners. Do let us keep in touch. I will give you my e-mail address. [email protected] Wouldn't it be wonderful if we met one day? Blessings, Dorothy

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Gln, We stayed mostly in the Jacksonville area. While in the U S we went to San Antonio, then back to Mobile, Alabama, back to Jacksonville & then to Birmingham. On our way to Florida to first stopped in Beverley, Mass to visit some of my cousins, then to West Virginia to purchase a remote control airplane that my husband wanted. We then headed to San Antonio & then to Jacksonville. We also visited Savannah, & Perry Georgia Americus & so many other places. We drove along the Emerald Coast, we visited St. Augustine. Florida. I could go on and on. Oh and in between we visited with our daughter and her family in Raytown. Missouri. I would love to meet up with any and all of the folks on this forum. Blessings, Dorothy

·
Registered
387 Posts
georgethefifth said:
Hi folks: I am so proud of our bike, I just had to show you all a picture of it. Blessings, Dorothy
BEAUTIFUL!
I miss my bike! It was a Honda Twinstar. My first motorcycle I bought all by myself. It was totalled and almost took my son with it. The biggest one I ever got to drive was a KZ 650. My husband had a Harley Super Glide. I never got ride that by myself. It was very heavy .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top Bottom